Tuesday 11 October 2011

Bedstemor/Oldemor's 79th Birthday

When we were in Denmark over the summer we were lucky enough to join Bedstemor's (Grandma's) birthday party. As usual there were a few of the 22 family members missing, but we had a lovely day enjoying the great weather and each others company. Bedstemor looked great in her new outfit and she and Bedstefar had a wonderful day. They sold their house just a week after the party so it was a bit weird to think it was the last time we were all together in the house they have lived in for over 50 years. I have so many special memories from that house. I am the eldest out of 10 grandchildren and Bedstemor was only 43 when I was born. I have been so lucky to have such a young Bedstemor. They looked after me a lot when I was little, taking me on holidays and I even had my own bedroom in the house. I still remember the smell of the duvet cover when I was tucked into bed. Bedstemor made the best tomato sauce ever, served with long macaroni. We went swimming in the sea and spent hours on the beach looking for amber. The warm and 'hyggelige' Christmases we had together, it sure will be strange when they leave the house. 


Here are some pictures from the day:


From my Oldemor's old recipe I made these 'boller' to take a long on the day



 Jesper, Alistair, Bente, Esben, Bedstemor, Lene, Frederik, Erik, Lisbeth, Ophelia, Clifford, Bedstefar, Anders & Emil



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...